Thursday, February 2, 2012

Stories that my adoptive parents told me (I)

Hello again.
     Today I would like to tell you briefly how I came to live in this flat with my brother. 
It seems that my biological mother was a cat living in a small town near Valencia, called Massanassa. She gave birth behind some bushes, hidden from view, in someone's garden.
      Our poor mother, about a week and half after giving birth to us, was killed by a car. We were left alone, and thanks to my brother's continual miaowing, probably because he was quite hungry, we were found, approximately two or three days after my mother’s death. I don't really remember anything, just that we were very hungry and weak.
 
     The guy that found us, who lived near the place we were born, lived with his mother, who after seeing us, said “I want them out by Monday!!” This guy took us in a box to his office where he was trying to feed us and give us to someone. Our adoptive father worked there, and that evening after work he told our adoptive mother what had happened and the fact that we were alone in a box in the office. She said to him “If they are still alive tomorrow, bring them”. Luckily for us , Victor still was miaowing louder than ever without stopping, and I don’t how but I was still alive.
And that is the story of how we came to live in our house.
---------------------------------
Historias que me contaron mis padres adoptivos I
Hola de nuevo.
     Hoy quisiera contarles brevemente cómo llegué a esta casa con mi hermano Victor.
Parece ser que mi madre biológica era una gata que vivía en una pequeña localidad cercana a Valencia, llamada Massanassa. Nos tuvo tras unos matojos altos, apartados de la vista general, en el jardín de la entrada de una casa.
     Nuestra pobre madre, posiblemente una semana y media después de dar a luz, fue atropellada. Nosotros dos nos quedamos solos, y gracias a la reacción de mi hermano, presumiblemente muy hambriento, nos encontraron, aproximadamente dos o tres días después de la muerte de nuestra madre.

     El chico que nos encontró, que vivía cerca del lugar donde nacimos, vivía con su madre, y ésta tras vernos, nos había sentenciado “¡El lunes los quiero fuera!”.
Este chico nos llevó en una cajita a la oficina de su trabajo donde intentaba, por una parte alimentarnos, y por otra, ver si alguien quería encargarse de nosotros. Nuestro padre adoptivo trabajaba ahí, y esa noche le dijo a nuestra madre adoptiva lo que había pasado, y que estábamos nosotros dos solitos en una caja de la oficina. Ella le dijo “Si mañana están vivos todavía tráetelos”. Por suerte para nosotros, Víctor seguía maullando sin parar, y yo no sé cómo también seguía vivo.
 Y así fue cómo llegamos a nuestra casa.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;